Top 10 Frameworks for Developers
Reasons you should learn Bootstrap:
- Fast Prototyping: As a matter of fact, it is highly recommended if you want fast prototyping in Latest Technology. As well as, it allows its users to customize and pick the modules that they want to choose.
- Easily Customized: Bootstrap is very easy to customize and it is preferred by many people.
- Responsive Web Design: Responsive web design is highly preferred by beginners, and it is exactly what Bootstrap offers.
- It’s also FREE!
Did you know that Bootstrap runs 18% of all websites?
Reasons why you should learn AngularJS:
- MVC: The framework is built on the famous concept of MVC (Model-View-Controller). This is a design pattern used in all modern-day web applications. This pattern is based on splitting the business logic layer, the data layer, and the presentation layer into separate sections. The division into different sections is done so that each one could be managed more easily.
- Data Model Binding: You don’t need to write special code to bind data to the HTML controls. This can be done by Angular by just adding a few snippets of code.
- Unit Testing ready: The designers at Google not only developed Angular but also developed a testing framework called “Karma” which helps in designing unit tests for AngularJS applications.
Google is the pioneer of the internet age and you know when there’s something that Google develops, it will be great. AngularJS is maintained by a team of skilled engineers who are readily available to solve any issues related to the framework
It provides a good platform for Java developers to develop a stand-alone and production-grade spring application that you can just run. You can get started with minimum configurations without the need for an entire Spring configuration setup. More precisely, Spring Boot takes an opinionated view of the Spring platform and third-party libraries so you can get started with minimum fuss. Initially, the Spring IO platform was criticized for having bulky XML configuration with complex dependency management, which now has been eliminated. With the help of Spring Boot, one can embrace an XML-free development experience while accessing files directly.
Reasons you should opt for Spring Boot:
- Auto-configuration: It sets up your application based on the surrounding environment, as well as hints what the developers provide.
- Standalone: Literally, it’s completely standalone. Hence, you don’t need to deploy your application to a web server or any special environment. Your only task is to click on the button or give out the run command, and it will start.
- Opinionated: This means that the framework chooses how to do things for itself. This is the point where a lot of people say “wait a minute, I do not want to participate in it.” I urge you to wait for a second and hold your judgment here. It can be a good thing!
Did you know that the most popular Java Runtime Platform is Spring Boot at 83%?
Reasons you should opt for Vue.JS:
- Flexibility: Vue.js is flexible and scalable. In practice, this means that it can be used for huge, modular SPAs and small, interactive parts to be integrated using a different technology.
- Complexity: Vue.js is simpler in terms of both API and design. A web developer can build simple applications in a day.
- Routing and data management covered by official libraries: Vue.js includes the core module that allows you to build components as we discovered, but it also includes a set of opinionated libraries built by the Vue.js team itself such as vue-router for the routing part, Vuex to manage your data, vue-cli to bootstrap a new project.
- Fast rendering ensured by virtual DOM and minimal load time: 30KB! Vue.js is only ~30 KB gzipped with the core module, the router, and Vuex. A minimal footprint offers a short load time, meaning higher speed for users and better ranking on the speed criterium for Google crawler.
Oh before I accidentally rob you of your did-you-know moment, here you go you!
The Yii[ji:] framework PHP framework for rapidly-developing, modern Web applications. It is built around the Model-View-Controller composite pattern. Yii provides secure and professional features to create robust projects rapidly. Yii is a free, open-source framework for PHP5 that promotes clean, DRY design, and supports rapid development. I’ve found that Yii offers the breadth of everything I expect from a framework in a high-performance package with few of the limitations other PHP frameworks inflict.
Reasons to opt for Yii:
- Easy to Install: For web developers, time is money, and no one wants to spend their precious time on a complicated installation and configuration process. YII framework is easy to install, configure, and is free from any type of complications.
- Utilizes Modern Technologies: Yii uses an OOP framework and takes advantage of PHP’s more advanced features, including late static binding, SPL classes and interfaces, and anonymous functions.
- Highly Extensible: Every component of the framework is virtually extensible.
- Security: Yii has a security application component that exposes several methods to help assist in creating a more secure application.
- Shorten Development Time: YII has tools that help in reducing the time for repetitive work. The time you save can be used for customization of your web application and it can be further developed according to the client’s choice.
Fun fact: All websites using Yii Framework have an estimated $1m+ Sales Revenue
A set of PHP Components, a Web Application framework, a Philosophy, and a Community — all working together in harmony. In other words, Symfony is designed for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. Symfony is sponsored by SensioLabs. It was developed by Fabien Potencier in 2005. All Symfony-built applications support output escaping which protects them from attacks via corrupted data.
Reasons for choosing Symfony:
- Microframework − Symfony can be used to develop a specific functionality. You don’t need to redevelop or install the entire framework.
- Compatible and extensible − Programmers can easily extend all framework classes.
- Large community: One of the key aspects that define the framework’s survivability is a good community. Symfony’s official website declares 3000+ contributors with a passionate group of over 600,000 developers from more than 120 countries
Moreover, at the time of writing this article, the Symfony framework has 20,758 stars, 1,304 watchers, and has been forked 6,901 times on Github.
Open-source PHP framework, which is robust and easy to understand. It follows a model-view-controller design pattern. Laravel is a web application framework with an expressive, elegant syntax. Laravel is accessible, yet powerful, providing tools needed for large, robust applications. A superb combination of simplicity, elegance, and innovation gives you the complete toolset required to build any application with which you are tasked.
Reasons why choose Laravel:
- The quick and functional core that can be extended
- Clean and simple routing
- Effective ORM and database layer
- Easy integration with third-party libraries (AWS, export libs, etc.). You can use Composer or Packagist to include libraries in your project
- An active and growing community that can provide quick support and answers
- Supporting unit tests out of the box
- Async queue and background jobs for the long-running tasks
Heard of the multilingual Laravel? Use of the laravel PHP framework will grow the business, as it enables you with a multilingual application that can reach the global audience
An open-source framework for PHP. It is intended to make developing, deploying, and maintaining applications much easier. CakePHP is based on an MVC-like architecture that is both powerful and easy to grasp. Models, Views, and Controllers guarantee a strict, but the natural separation of business logic from data and presentation layers.
Reasons for choosing CakePHP:
- Cake PHP is by far, one of the quickest web development platforms.
- CakePHP allows developers to gain enhanced control over the database and SQL queries.
- It helps users to develop robust web applications without losing their environment flexibility rapidly.
- Support for PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL, PEAR-DB for ADODB, a database abstraction library.
- Facilitates search Engine Friendly URLs
- Provide features like input validation and sanitization tools which make the app secure.
- Templating with familiar PHP syntax
History time: Back in 2005, when PHP 4 was still the standard, there were no PHP frameworks, and developing an object-oriented coding approach in PHP was certainly a challenge. It was then that CakePHP emerged – the first-ever PHP MVC framework.
Why choose MeteorJS:
- Full-Stack Development: MeteorJS introduces the functionality of full-stack application development that enables developers to take leverage of the inbuilt classes in order to create an efficient application.
- Database integration: The application developed in the MeteorJS could be integrated with the database and the default database is Mongo DB. One can also replace the DB with whatever they are comfortable.
- Consumes less time: The very important part of using MeteorJS is, it makes the work gets completed in less time span due to the inbuilt functionality that could be used without being defined.
- Security: It is very exciting to know that the web or mobile application developed using it is ample secure and could be deployed without considering security as a primary concern.
The version 1.10, which features a lot of important improvements with Cordova, MongoDB, skeleton, Galaxy, and DevTools, was developed with huge help from over 40 community developers.
A web development platform, which provides a programming model, a comprehensive software infrastructure, and various services required to build up robust web applications for PC, as well as mobile devices. ASP.NET works on top of the HTTP protocol and uses the HTTP commands and policies to set a browser-to-server bilateral communication and cooperation. ASP.NET is a part of the Microsoft .Net platform. ASP.NET applications are compiled codes, written using the extensible and reusable components or objects present in .Net framework. These codes can use the entire hierarchy of classes in .Net framework.
Why choose ASP.NET:
- ASP.NET drastically reduces the amount of code required to build large applications.
- With built-in Windows authentication and per-application configuration, your applications are safe and secured.
- It provides better performance by taking advantage of early binding, just-in-time compilation, native optimization, and caching services right out of the box.
- The ASP.NET framework is complemented by a rich toolbox and designer in the Visual Studio integrated development environment. WYSIWYG editing, drag-and-drop server controls, and automatic deployment are just a few of the features this powerful tool provides.
- Provides simplicity as ASP.NET makes it easy to perform common tasks, from a simple form submission and client authentication to deployment and site configuration.
- The source code and HTML are together therefore ASP.NET pages are easy to maintain and write. Also, the source code is executed on the server. This provides a lot of power and flexibility to the web pages.
- All the processes are closely monitored and managed by the ASP.NET runtime so that if a process is dead, a new process can be created in its place, which helps keep your application constantly available to handle requests.
Fun Fact: ASP.NET owns 10.8% of the total server-side Web Application Framework (WAF) market space. The reason behind the popularity of ASP.NET is due to its pivot shift towards being open source.
You must know these new tools and frameworks to become a modern full-stack Software engineer everyone is looking for. Though, you don’t need to learn all of these web development frameworks. You can choose one from the front-end and one from the back-end at a minimum, depending on your programming language of choice. Let me know in the comments section if the facts were fun and what you’d want me to write about next.
Now that we are on the same page, you can plan out how to grow as a learner. Choose a course from our carefully curated list of full-stack courses and get ahead in the game.